As the UK’s premier supplier of edible insects, Crunchy Critters offers a bespoke range of carefully selected edible insects tailored to appeal to the most discerning of palates. Be the first to hear about new and exciting products before they hit the shelves by following us on Facebook.
Have fun and games with friends and family as you recreate your own Bush Tucker event! Choose from a selection of farm raised or wild caught edible insects that have been purged, cleansed, freeze-dried, dehydrated or fried. They can be eaten straight from the packaging and are totally safe for human consumption. Free from added colours, preservatives and MSG, our insects are very nutritious, high in protein, low in carbohydrates and a good source of fibre.
Important Legal Notice
Community Veterinary Checks Regime
All Crunchy Critters imports of products of animal origin (POAO) from outside Europe into UK are subject, by law, to the Community Veterinary Checks Regime. It is through this regime that they acquire a validated Common Veterinary Entry Document (CVED) meaning they are fit to be released for free circulation as products for human consumption.
Beware that not all suppliers of edible insects follow this due process. If you are hosting a publicly attended Bush Tucker challenge or similar fund raising event, your local Environmental Health Officer may request documentary evidence pertaining to the legality of products being used i.e. a copy of the relevant CVED. In the interest of health and safety we advise that, whenever purchasing edible insects, you ensure the relevant CVED is in place.
For further clarification please Contact Us.
Understanding that we have a responsibility to the environment, and as an integral part of our business strategy, we are committed to continually improving our environmental performance. We endeavour to do this by:
- Not adding preservatives or colours
- Reducing packaging where possible
- Reducing the amount of energy we use
- Always endeavouring to support Fairtrade Practices where commercially practical
- Sourcing our insects from ethical suppliers whose sustainable stocks have been organically fed
- Incorporating environmental factors into our business decisions
- Complying with and exceeding all relevant regulatory requirements
- Considering all areas of recycling in the day to day running of our business
- Reducing our C02 impact by sourcing packaging products/supplies from within the UK
Our products have been manufactured using only the highest quality ingredients and are produced following Good Manufacturing Practice.
However, if within 14 days of receipt you feel dissatisfied with your purchase simply return the remainder of the product to us telling us why and we will be happy to refund the cost of your order. This offer does not include return postage costs.
In accordance with Distance Selling Regulations, we operate a ‘cooling off period’ for un-opened orders as follows:
- Orders cancelled prior to dispatch are fully refunded.
- You have the right to cancel your contract any time up to fourteen working days after receipt of goods and receive a full refund (excluding return postage costs).
- Distance Selling Regulations do not apply to business to business customers and we reserve the right to charge a £15 handling fee on cancellation of un-opened orders.
Please Contact Us should you wish to return your order. All refunds are processed within 30 days.