Wild Black Ants are a traditional edible insect species in China, being used as a functional ingredient in various tonics and health foods. They are rich in nutrients and have various healthcare functions including regulating the immune system, anti-fatigue and anti-ageing. They are also rich in nutrients such as protein, vitamin E, essential amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids and minerals. Reserves of formic acid within their bodies (which, when threatened, they eject against enemies) means the Wild Black Ant has a very acidic taste. So with that in mind how about celery sticks with goats cheese topping & wild black ant sprinklings, insect caviare canapés, zingy salads or a Pimms with a difference! Or try the Chinese classic – deep fry 50 grams of Wild Black Ants in oil until they become crisp, then repeat with 300 grams of pine nuts. Now toss the ants back in with the pine nuts, add some salt, sugar and enjoy.
- Real Wild Black Ants prepared and ready to eat
- High in protein and low in carbohydrates – the ultimate low fat snack
- Sourced from sustainable wild stocks
- Pressure steam cooked then dehydrated
- No artificial colours, flavourings or preservatives. No MSG.
- Fantastic Halloween, celebratory, birthday or Christmas gift
- Ideal for use in Bush Tucker Challenge charity fundraising events
- Contents per pack: Approx 150 insects
- Net weight: 6 grams / 0.21 ounces
- Clear plastic dish within a resealable stand-up polypouch
- Shipped: Bagged
- Crunchy Critters supports Fairtrade Practices
- Note: Cooked insects are brittle and may not arrive whole or intact following their time in the postal system
- Nutrition per 100 grams: Protein 37.6% | Fat 11.1% | Saturates 3.0% | Carbohydrate 11.1% | Sugar 0.9% | Energy in kcalories 309 | Dietary Fibre 6.9% | Salt 0.19%