Once the larvae enter the pupa phase of their life cycle they enclose themselves in a cocoon of raw silk; some 300 to 900 metres long.
To prevent the emerging moth damaging the delicate silk weave the woven cocoons are boiled; killing the silkworms and making the cocoons easier to unravel.
Once unravelled just the original silkworm pupae remains – high in protein, low in fat and a great source of essential fatty acids.
- Real Silkworm Pupae prepared and ready to eat
- High in protein and low in carbohydrates – the ultimate low fat snack
- Sourced from sustainable farmed stocks
- Pressure steam cooked then dehydrated
- No artificial colours, flavourings or preservatives. No MSG.
- Fantastic Halloween, celebratory, birthday or Christmas gift
- Ideal for use in Bush Tucker Challenge charity fundraising events
- Contents per pack: Approx 20 insects
- Net weight: 5 grams / 0.17 ounces
- Clear plastic dish within a resealable stand-up polypouch
- Shipped: Bagged
- Crunchy Critters supports Fairtrade Practices
- Note: Cooked insects are brittle and may not arrive whole or intact following their time in the postal system