NOTE: Just three dented tins in stock (reduced by £2 per tin) so please purchase with this in mind. Fresh stock en-route and expected week commencing 03 December.
Sago ‘Delight’ Pupae, considered a delicacy in much of South-east Asia, have been described as tasting like bacon or meat when cooked and, with their meaty consistency, earthy after-taste and crunchy heads, are not for the faint hearted. Boiled and then pressure cooked in brine means the pupae are best eaten whole as they do have a tendency to burst open once your molars start grinding down.
- Supplied canned in a sea salt brine
- Ready-to-eat following a rigorous two hour cooking process
- High in protein and low in carbohydrates
- Sourced from sustainable stocks
- Flash frozen, boiled in plain spring water then pressure cooked
- Free from artificial colours, flavourings and preservatives. No MSG.
- Fantastic Halloween, celebratory, birthday or Christmas gift
- Ideal for use in Bush Tucker Challenge charity fundraising events
- Contents: 8-12 Sago Pupae per tin
- Pupae weight (less brine): Approximately 40 grams / 1.41 ounces
- Packaging: Sealed ring pull recyclable aluminium can
- Shipped: Boxed
- Crunchy Critters supports Fairtrade Practices