It takes over one thousand house crickets (acheta domesticus) to produce 100 grams of our protein-rich cricket flour. One hundred percent natural, free from artificial colours, flavourings, preservatives and MSG. Its high protein and low saturated fat and carbohydrate content make for a healthy cooking ingredient.
Technically our ground up crickets are not flour but ‘floured’ so they will behave differently in baked goods as opposed to wheat, coconut or nut flours. For this reason it’s best used in conjunction with another flour or flour substitute. If used in large amounts it may adversely affect texture so less is more.
For nutritional profile click here.
- Protein Rich
- Dairy free
- Soy free
- Sourced from sustainable stocks
- Contents per pack: Approx 5,500 finely milled house crickets (150-250 microns)
- Net weight: 500 grams / 17.63 ounces
- Packaging: Non retail packaged sealed clear re-sealable pouch
- Shipped: Bagged or boxed
- Crunchy Critters supports Fair Trade Practices