It takes over 14,000 Buffalo Worms (Alphitobius Diaperinus) to produce each 100 grams of our Buffalo Worm protein powder. Cultivated on pure, vegetable based and GMP+ certified materials and without the intervention of hormones and antibiotics our powder is 100% natural and free from artificial colours, flavourings, preservatives and MSG.
Technically our Buffalo Worms are not flour but ‘floured’ so they will behave differently in baked goods as opposed to wheat, coconut or nut flours. For this reason it’s best used in conjunction with another flour or flour substitute. If used in large amounts it may adversely affect texture so less is more.
For whole Buffalo Worm nutritional profile click here.
- Protein Rich – typical 56 grams per 100 grams product
- Dairy, soy and sugar free
- Cultivated on a pure, vegetable based and GMP+ certified materials
- Free from hormones, antibiotics and chemicals
- Free from artificial colours, flavourings, preservatives and MSG.
- Natural source of vitamins and minerals
- Ideal source of balanced and digestible amino acids for human nutrition
- Pleasant colour and odour
- Can be consumed unheated
- Produced in accordance with EU regulations 852/2004, 2073/2005 and 1881/2006
- Contents per pack: Approx 350,000 finely milled Buffalo Worms (200-330 microns)
- Net weight: 250 grams / 8.81 ounces
- Packaging: Non retail packaged sealed clear re-sealable pouch
- Shipped: Boxed
- Crunchy Critters supports Fair Trade Practices